Friday, July 24, 2009

The T-Shirt Quilt and Frank


This is a photo of my t-shirt quilt. I have never attempted to quilt before, and I chose one of the largest and cumbersome quilts to start with. Go me. There are 49 Delta Zeta t-shirts on here (guess what sorority I'm in. I dare you. Go ahead. I bet you won't get it).

After cutting the shirts into 12.5 x 12.5 squares, I interfaced them. Then I layed them out, sewed them together, put on a pink border, bought some batting online, and here is the quilt sandwich. And then there's Frank laying on it. Frank loves this quilt something fierce. No matter where I put it or how it's folded, he's all up in it. I'm serious. I currently have it on the dining room table rolled so that I can machine quilt it. He unrolled it and crawled under. Frank is also hairy as hell. You know where he's been. Hence, there are Frank hairs ALL over the quilt. He doesn't care.

All I have to do now is machine quilt it. I say "ALL" like that's easy. I only did ONE seam and my arms are about to fall off, it's so heavy. I had to have hubs help me out with it because I couldn't manage moving it myself. And of course, I've never used a walking foot before, so I need to tear out the one seam I did do and redo it. Guess what I'm doing this weekend!

2 comments: