Tuesday, June 15, 2010

YAY for Free Time!

Well, its official. I passed all my classes and I'm a 2L. Thank jeebus.

Now my summer project is losing the weight that I put on during my first year. I started Weight Watchers the day after finals finished and it is working! I've also committed myself to running 10 5K's through the summer. The reason is tri-fold, tho, really. First, I want to quilt all the fun t-shirts you get from running in the races. Second, I'm going to do a shadow box with Phil & my racer numbers. Third, I need to lose the weight and if I pay for a race, I'm sure as hell going to run it.

My law school friend, Jenn, Phil, & I ran Kilometers for Karyn on Sunday, June 6 in West Orange, New Jersey. Since I had not run a step since about March, 2009, I was proud that I attempted to run a lot of the race AND finished under 40 minutes. Thank you so much to my friend and husband for cheering me on at the end. Both Jenn and Phil had great times and I was proud of both of them.

Last Saturday, June 12, Phil & I ran the Valerie Fund 5K at Verona Park. Phil cut a minute off of his time. I stayed about the same - but I would have done much better had I not pulled something in my right thigh. It felt like someone was stabbing me, but I jogged instead of walked, and finished at the same time, almost exactly as the Sunday before. Thank you to our friends Mark & Dianne, and their daughters, Aimee, Sara, and Sienna, for coming out and cheering us on. There is something about being bone tired and seeing your friends (and husband, who finished 10 minutes before you) cheering you on and into the finish line. If you have a chance, please come to any of our other races to do the same!

Our next 5K is June 21 in Millburn. I'm running with Phil & several friends from school. I have a goal of running four times a week, at least. Three days of training and one race (most weeks). This weekend we have no races, but maybe I can convince Phil to sign up for one, LOL.

Until then, I'm making baby samplers (I have a bunch to do!) and two wedding samplers :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you're a brave woman to run that many, but your thought process makes sense! Here's hoping you cut your time down on the next one and don't injure yourself again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being a 2L! Good luck with all of your 5K's this summer. I know that you will shave minutes off of your time. :)

    ReplyDelete